Permanent position (part/full time)
SAP Consultant m|f|d
as of now
abat US. LLC is a leading SAP consultancy specialized in solutions for the automotive and logistics industries. The abat Group is headquartered in Bremen, Germany with subsidiaries in the USA, Belarus, and Mexico. abat US has locations in Birmingham, Alabama and Detroit, Michigan.
The value we bring to customers is created by our depth of industry process know-how and information technology competence within the automotive value chain, offering specific services to assist clients with achieving world class best business practices. We are engaged at businesses large and small, from OEMs to tier suppliers as well as warehouse and logistics service providers.
abat US, LLC seeks a qualified job candidate for the position of SAP Consultant at our location in the Detroit, Michigan area, to work throughout the mid-west and southern United States. The candidate will expand our existing team of consultants and developers, working directly with clients in teams of variable size depending on the project scope. The SAP Consultant will introduce SAP systems and SAP modules to our customers. In doing so, the SAP Consultant will work out the requirements with their colleagues and the customer and implement them by themself in the customer system.
The SAP Consultant specifies necessary developments for the developers working directly on-site in the team. The SAP Consultant coordinates technical and organizational topics with customers, developers and technicians. The SAP Consultant familiarizes Junior Consultants from the team with the scope. The work usually takes place at the customer site, which means traveling should not be a problem. The SAP Consultant will then take over more substantial project tasks in the areas of business process improvement and optimization, training, documentation, and reporting. Also, the SAP Consultant will focus on day to day support and maintenance tasks. The actual tasks may differ between the different projects the consultant is assigned to, but usually range within the tasks mentioned above.
Job Duties and Work Scope:
- Prepare for and implement IT solutions in an SAP ERP environment, based on business and IT specifications.
- Identify business requirement gaps and recommend solutions to remediate.
- Participate with customers and external consultants in requirements analysis, business process documentation and IT specifications.
- Identify opportunities for business process improvement and optimization, identifying gaps in process design against customer requirements.
- Provide accurate and thorough technical documentation of process design and create training materials.
- Provide support in analyzing / solving issues in production system. Interface with other employees within the abat group, internal client team, and external consultants to achieve the goals of the customer.
Applicant Required Capabilities and Skills:
- Ability to work in the United States – Citizen, Green Card holder, Independent Work Visa.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, in an IT or business administration related subject.
- 3 or more years of practical experience working with SAP functional modules including configuration and master data.
- Experience implementing SAP functional modules in minimum 3 customer projects successfully.
- Fundamental understanding of organizational units and structures in SAP.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing with customers, end users and team members.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team to manage expectations, project scope, as well as analyze client requirements to suggest best possible solutions.
- Ability to travel to client sites.
- Enthusiastic “can-do” attitude.
- Skills with Microsoft Office.
- Assist efforts to gain new customers or actively participate in the development of new customers.
- Explore and learn new products from SAP and provide this knowledge internally.
- Support Sales.
Applicant Differentiation Capabilities and Skills (Optional):
- SAP Certification(s)
- Automotive, Manufacturing, Logistics, Accounting experience
- Fluency in German language both verbal and written (Optional)
- Fluency in Spanish language both verbal and written (Optional)
- Intermediate SAP consulting experience; SAP R/3 versions NW 7.00 / ECC 6.00 and above, S/4HANA.
Join our team and apply now by sending your CV in English to Victa