Pre-Series Material Planner
Support the prototype, pre-production builds and SOP phase of a program until the successful transition to sustainment planning. Follow Safety Rules and Procedures: Company Safety Policy, PPE Policy, Hazardous Material Policy, Blood Born Pathogen Policy, etc. Maintain and follow 6S Principles (Sort, Set-in-Order, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain). Responsible for all tasks resulting from the company/customer statutes, in particular management system, IATF 16949, Environmental Management System ISO 14001 and operating instructions.
- Liaison between the customer, headquarter, supplier, and the local teams.
- Support program/s from prototype phase through start of production until transition to production sustaining team. Own the transition plan for the program / parts to be handed over to on-going production
- Maintaining customer releases (EDI/Error box/CUM Numbers). Coordinating customer needs with production.
- Plan, schedule and manage various purchased materials for new programs.
- Effectively communicate material requirements and program timelines/milestones to external suppliers.
- Work with external suppliers to establish the appropriate delivery schedules for individual components, specifying quantity and frequency targeting on-time delivery; coordinate with Supply Chain team and Logistics as needed.
- Identify supply chain risks and mitigation steps to ensure material readiness
- Communicate status and risks regularly. Escalate in a timely manner.
- Own the leadership communication on the program to all key stakeholders: program management, PMI, engineering & supply chain.
- Ensure BOM accuracy by working with engineering, PMI and document control team.
- Maintain accurate MRP data to reflect confirmed delivery quantities and due dates from suppliers, validate, troubleshoot and resolve discrepancies.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain and Engineering to support material changes resulting from Change action, plan for new material and minimize obsolescence of old material.
- Provide ongoing transparency of inventory levels and ensure continuous inventory accuracy
- Champion change management file and meeting involving manufacturing, program management, product development teams, design engineers, supply chain, production control and logistics teams ensuring all departments are up to date on task timeline.
- Look for opportunities to identify and drive improvement projects/ process.
- Generate and publish performance metrics on the program.
- Cycle count, complete investigations on any discrepancies, and ensure ERP system accuracy.
- As needed will need to package shipments, verify shipments, and ensure proper labeling and paperwork is filled out.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Access all information limited to employees responsibilities
- Immediately stop processes if there is potential technical or safety-relevant suspicions
- Use tools and techniques of continuous improvement and the benefits these can bring, both to the facilities services being managed and to the core business.
- Effectively manage knowledge to the benefit of the organization and/or the individual
- Disclamer: Successful project overhand to the serial production.
- Signature allowance: Limited to the employee tasks.
- University Degree in Supply Chain Management or similar.
- 3-5 years related experience in materials management, production planning, material scheduling, or purchasing in a manufacturing environment is required
- Proficiency in MS Excel, including ability to maintain and enhance Excel-based material shortage reports, is required
- Strong analytical capabilities, including ability to optimize delivery costs and inventory levels, are desired
- Knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software, ERP Systems, SAP enterprise system and inventory management system such as MES is a plus
- Fluent English mandatory. German as a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks based on demand is required
- Ability to present material status effectively in weekly program/executive meetings is required
- Open-minded, collaborative and team-oriented attitude is required
- Self-motivation and resourcefulness are required
- Ability to solve problems in a fast-paced work environment with minimal supervision is required
- Strong work ethic required
This position will be managed from our Birmingham, Alabama headquarters. Travel up to 90% may be required. Travel costs will be paid by the company.